Catchword Key Facts
Catchword is an award-winning naming agency founded in 1998, with offices in California and New York. Here are key facts about our agency:
» The #1 ranked naming agency (2017–2021) on leading ranking and review site Clutch. In 2021, we led a list of nearly 5,000 agencies.
» The #1 ranked branding agency on Clutch out of more than 30,000 companies in 35 countries.
» Winner of multiple awards for naming excellence:
- Top Honors at the London International Awards (LIA) – verbal branding
- 3 Transform Awards – brand naming and naming strategy
- 2 Gold Hermes Creative Awards – brand naming
- 2 Gold MarCom Awards – brand naming
- Gold MUSE Creative Award – corporate identity/brand naming
» Completed 1,300+ naming projects for more than 650 clients.
» Clients include well-known companies such as Asana, Unilever, Starbucks, Fitbit, Wells Fargo, Allergan, Kellogg’s, Dunkin’, Volkswagen, Safeway, The Home Depot, and Aetna, with retainer or multi-year relationships with Corning, PwC, Indeed, Plantronics, Intel, HP, Hitachi, Cisco, Allstate, McDonald’s, and more.
» Core capabilities:
- product, service, and company brand name development, including masterbrands, sub-brands, spin-off brands, ingredient brands, platform brands, division brands, and naming descriptors
- naming architecture, strategy, protocol, and audit
» Other capabilities:
- trademark prescreening
- domain name screening and brokering
- linguistic and cultural evaluation
- name validation and customer research
- tagline development
- copywriting for brands
- brand strategy
» Design capabilities through our trusted partners:
- visual identity design (logo, corporate identity systems)
- website design
- digital UI/UX design
- marketing collateral design
- label and packaging design
- environmental design
- brand style guide
» Global creative and linguistic reach: U.S. member of the Global Naming Network (GNN), with agency partners in major business regions of the world.
» Team consists of seasoned naming professionals, with experience in linguistics, advertising & marketing, business, media & communications, and law. Principals have each spent 25 years in naming.
» Portfolio reflects extensive experience across business sectors, including Technology (B2B and B2C), CPG, Healthcare, Biotech, Food & Beverage, Finance & Professional Services, Automotive, Lifestyle, and more.
» Best-practices naming: two weeks per year dedicated to innovation.
» Proven partnerships with trademark attorneys, design and packaging firms, market research agencies, and other branding professionals.
» Offices in the historic Tribune Tower in Oakland, CA (just outside San Francisco) and on West 19th Street in New York City (the heart of the creative Chelsea neighborhood).
» Frequently quoted in publications such as The New York Times, Vox, Fortune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Washington Post, Time, and CNBC.