Domain Name Services
While trademark clearance can be extremely challenging, securing an exact .com can be even more difficult.
Startups, spinoffs, and renames often require a .com domain, or occasionally, another global top-level domain, also known as a gTLD. Multinational corporations often require the exact URL worldwide—meaning the .com plus potentially dozens of country code domains, otherwise known as ccTLDs.
Beyond creating names with a higher likelihood of domain availability or purchasability, we routinely assist clients with domain acquisition, assessment, and brokering. We keep up to date on the business, trends, and regulations of domain names and attend domain conferences every year.
Not every company needs the exact .com (not sure? see these guidelines), but every company beyond the smallest mom-and-pop should have a domain name. Catchword can help.
Domain Name Availability & Counsel
Our domain-name availability services include the following:
- Search to determine .com availability of name candidates and assessment of purchasability
- Determination of market value via comparables and negotiation strategy
- Development of common mistypings and suggestions of alternate spellings that should be registered for forwarding to your site
- Development of descriptors to add to your name if the exact .com is not available
- Counsel on whether gTLDs should be purchased
Domain Name Brokering
We can also help with the acquisition of your new domain. For unregistered domains, we can guide you through purchase and registration. If you wish to acquire a domain that is already registered, we may assist you or refer you to one of our expert domain name broker partners.